Divine Beauty By Sathi – Vendor Spotlight
Today on the blog we wanted to introduce you to a talented makeup artist in the Toronto and GTA region. We’ve worked with her on photoshoots and our brides love her stunning work. We love versatility, and Sathi has it. She has that rare ability that goes beyond applying makeup. She is wonderful at reading her clients and enhancing their best features. It doesn’t hurt that she’s a knockout and such a sweetheart, too! Every one of Sathi’s brides glow in their wedding photos and it’s no wonder that her wedding season is fully booked each year.
Get to know Divine Beauty by Sathi and read her questionnaire below. Be sure to check her out on Facebook, and Instagram, too!
Divine Beauty by Sathi
- How did you become a wedding makeup artist? What initially piqued your interest? I have always loved make-up! Even as a child, my Mom said I would take her lipstick and put it on. I started out doing my friends and family members make-up for their birthdays, proms and other special events. I was always their go-to girl for getting “dolled up”. I then decided that I wanted to experiment more with products and different colours when I saw my first make-up tutorial on YouTube. After that, I was hooked and bought my first eye shadow palette. I started practising on my self and others and finally decided to get certified in this new world of make-up. After receiving my Make-up Artistry certification from the Canadian Aesthetics Academy, I began doing Bridal/Wedding Make-up Professionally.
- Tell us about your very first wedding gig? My first wedding party was about 5 years ago, which consisted of 5 bridesmaids and of course the Bride. What an experience it was! It was so rewarding to see the reactions of my clients after I had done their make-up. Their smiles and shocked expressions at how beautiful they looked and felt made me want to delve deeper into this industry and make it my career.
- If you weren’t a makeup artist, what would you be?I would definitely be in the people business. My corporate 9-5 job is within the Staffing and Recruiting world and this is also very rewarding. Either I am helping someone find their next career adventure, or getting them ready for their most special day, helping people in any aspect of their lives is what I love to do!
- When you aren’t making brides look their best, what can we find you doing? You can definitely find me spending time with my husband and caring for my daughter. They are my motivation and number one supporters.
- What’s your absolute favourite thing about being a wedding makeup artist?The satisfaction of my clients is what I love most. Knowing that they have someone in their corner who is professional and dedicated to them on their big day, is important to me. I truly love creating and enhancing my canvas to bring out my clients inner beauty. Their confidence and happiness after I am done working, is what keeps me going!
- What’s something you don’t think many people know about doing what you do?Make-up artistry is truly an art and takes a lot of practise, dedication and hard work. You must constantly upgrade your skills and learn new techniques to stay current. Make-up is always changing, just like fashion.
- What are some of your other passions (or hobbies)?I love photography. I mostly love to capture my daughter and all of her different smiles and facial expressions. I am still learning and maybe one day I will jump into this craft as well.
Thanks for reading Divine Beauty by Sathi’s spotlight! Makeup is an area where there are a ton of vendors and its hard to tell who is great and who isn’t. Contact us today and we’ll help you craft the wedding team of your dreams!
- Published in 2015, Vendor spotlight, Vendors, Wedding TIps