The Emergency Kit – Toronto Wedding Planners
p>Let’s discuss the all-powerful, all-knowing, all-too-darned-important… EMERGENCY KIT!
Let’s get down to basics; what is an emergency kit and why is it necessary? Don’t worry, the Whim Crew has you covered!
An emergency kit, or e-kit, is an essential piece of luggage that contains an assortment of items that you or your bridal party may have need of during the wedding day(s).
Chances are, you’ll be wearing very fancy duds, and won’t have space to carry bulky items like lint rollers, sewing kits, extra bobby pins, breath mints, pain killers and stain removers.
Picture the big day – you wake up at the crack of dawn, may or may not be hungover from the night before, will have a very long day ahead of you, have to stand in the hot sun to take photos.. and while the day will be filled with amazing memories, there may come a moment when something goes wrong.
This is where your handy-dandy wedding coordinator will come in with a fully stocked emergency kit to bandage booboos, sew buttons or dresses back together, remove stains, feed the hungry, and assist with preventing blisters in shoes that are way beautiful but way too high.
The emergency kit that we carry has over $400 worth of products in it, including often-overlooked essentials like extra extension cords, glue guns, invisible tape, hem tape, liquid bandages (because really, a visible band-aid in pictures?!), sunscreen and everything necessary to keep your hair perfect. We regularly keep inventory and restock our emergency kit after every event. We’ve never coordinated a wedding or corporate event where our kit did not come in handy multiple times. In fact, our kit seems to get larger after every wedding season, because there’s always something new that we end up needing that we decide ought to live in our kit forever.
A few examples:
- That time a groomsman forgot his socks. Fortunately we had a package of black socks so he was covered… and we didn’t ask for them back 🙂
- The bridesmaid dress that ripped up the black slit. But that was a total non-issue, because of course we had our handy sewing kit in tow.
- That time the bride forgot her toothbrush. Hey, no judgment – it happens! As luck would have it, we had a full dental kit and multiple new brushes just in case.
- The time a bridesmaid forgot deodorant. Fortunately, we have a lifetime supply of minis that we handout to anyone that forgets theirs.
Chances are, you or someone else in the bridal party will have a mishap and need a hand. But not to worry, we’ve got you covered!
We’d love to hear from you! Have you ever served as part of a bridal party where an emergency kit would have come in handy? What items did you need?
Whim Event Coordination and Design are Toronto wedding planners who prefer to service fun, quirky, and whimsical couples. Get in touch with us today to see how we can help you plan your dream wedding! [email protected] or 647-990-5474.
- Published in Wedding TIps