A warm sunny day at Ashbridges Bay
Last week we had the pleasure of working with a number of amazing vendors on a rose gold themed style shoot at Ashbridges Bay. We collaborated with makeup artist Sonia Kang, photographer Thomas Zitnansky, florist Therese Guidolin, and Sinfully Sweet by Sonia J. With the combined efforts of these vendors and the entire Whim Event Coordination and Design team, the outcome was nothing short of stunning. The day was sunny and beautiful, and Ashbridges Bay was packed with people, all enjoying the gorgeous weather. The team arrived in the afternoon and quickly put together a simple, but stunning sweet table.
With the initial theme development by Whim, event coordinators Alisha and Michelle decided to execute their vision in a park-like setting at Ashbridges Bay in Toronto. The table decor and beautiful mock invitation made by Michelle was meticulously set up underneath a large oak tree near the beach, with Thomas Zitnansky expertly using the natural light to complement his photographs. One of the table setups included a soft rose coloured satin tablecloth with a delicate pink lace overlay. The second table setup featured a white satin tablecloth with a rose-sequined tablerunner down the front and sides of the table.
Despite the number of passersby and disruptive wind, the team of vendors managed to pull off a phenomenal shoot. The shoot was a wonderful experience, with many spectators stopping to say hello and ask about our shoot. By the end of the day, we all enjoyed some of the yummy sweets, had fun taking many photos, and had tons of ideas for our next collaboration. We couldn’t be happier with the outcome, and we have many great photos for the new version of our website (coming soon!). Stay tuned for more pictures from this lovely styled shoot, and please check out our awesome team of vendors!
Toronto Wedding Venues
Choosing a Toronto wedding venue is a crucial step when planning your wedding. The location and inner workings of the wedding venue that you pick are equally in importance, which is why it’s critical to ask all the right questions rather than selecting a site merely for its aesthetic value. Are you new to site visits and are unsure of what to inquire about? Don’t have a wedding planner to ask all the right questions on your behalf? Worry not; we’ll help you cover all the basics! Here are 20 questions that you need to ask your Toronto wedding venue!
- What is the maximum number of guests you can accommodate?
- Is this facility wheelchair accessible?
- Do you have an on-site coordinator or facility director? Who will be here to oversee the setup on the day of my event?
- Do you have a valid liquor license? Is it valid for your outdoor grounds?
- Am I allowed to bring in my own alcohol?
- Do you have in-house catering? Do I have the option of bringing in external caterers?
- What are your decoration guidelines & restrictions?
- Some venues don’t allow open flames, etc.
- Do you supply tables, chairs, linens, or place settings? Do I have the option to bring in my own?
- Is there a designated area for cocktail hour?
- You don’t want your guests crammed into a small lobby or left outside.
- Is there a private bridal suite?
- It’s nice to have a quiet place when you need a few moments alone. And no one wants to have to bustle their dress in the bathroom!
- Do you have on-site security? Am I permitted to employ my own security guards?
- Do you have a list of preferred vendors? Will I be allowed to employ vendors outside this list?
- If you haven’t started looking on your own, you can use their list get a kick-start with finding a DJ, caterer, photographer, etc.
- Who will be responsible for setting up and taking down the decor, tables and chairs? When will it be completed?
- Does the price per guest include liability insurance?
- If your venue doesn’t have liability insurance, you’ll want to get your own- you don’t want to be responsible if someone gets hurt at your event
- What are the taxes and service charges on the food and beverage cost per person?
- Is the SOCAN fee included in your price?
- SOCAN licenses allow you to play any music during your event. Visit their site for more information.
- Is there sufficient parking in accordance with the maximum capacity of this venue? Is there a fee associated with parking? Is valet parking available?
- Are there any additional service charges?
- Do you have an alternative plan for outdoor events, should they be disrupted?
- What time must the venue be empty by? Is there a fee if I exceed this time?
Pro Tip: Try to schedule your site visit during the time of day (and year) that your event will be happening. This way you can get a good idea of the natural lighting in and outside of the venue, so that you can coordinate your photos beforehand. And make sure to get any agreements you make in writing, so that you have something to refer back to should there be any discrepancies in the process.
Be as thorough as possible when touring possible Toronto wedding venues- don’t be afraid to ask all the questions you want. If you have a number of venues in mind, asking the same questions during every visit can help you create a comprehensive pro and con list in the end, to aid in your decision.
Do you think we missed some questions? Leave us a comment and let us know what you think the most important question to ask your venue is!
The professionals pictures are in! The professional pictures are in! These two wedding planners have waited a few months to see these beauties, and they were worth every second of the wait!
We are so in love with this wedding, and our gorgeous Ashley & Ben! I can’t believe it’s been over 5 months since this wonderful wedding happened. Let me tell you, this wedding ceremony was one of the most beautiful I’ve ever had the pleasure of witnessing. I could feel their love with every spoken word. Ash & Ben had such a fantastic and fun bridal party! You’ll see from the images below that this party took the time to have fun and the photos reflect it!
A special thank you to Ashley & Ben for allowing us to decorate and coordinate their big day, and thank you so much to Two for Two Photography, who captured these lovely images, and to Skyloft Ski Resort for the wonderful service!
Whim Event Coordination and Design are Toronto wedding planners who help fun, quirky and whimsical couples plan their dream wedding.
Okay, let’s be real for a second. Who REALLY cares about napkin folding styles? Chances are that if you’re reading this blog, you probably should! It may sound like an insignificant and frivolous little detail that you don’t really need to give any thought, but it’s one of those quaint details that’ll let your guests know that you put a ton of effort into planning your event. Putting in a little extra thought to certain things like napkin folding styles will definitely tie the decor aspect of your event together, and be reflected in the overall ambiance. Want to know about how to add an extra flair to your table settings? Keep reading for some cool ideas on how to arrange the napkins at your next event.
These first three folds are pretty conservative, yet they still serve to spice up your place settings- they can all be prettily placed on top of your table settings.The single pocket fold can be made a little less simple by adding flowers that match your theme into the pocket:
These next two options are pretty simple and functional- they’ll hold your cutlery in a minimalist yet fashionable fold. You could even switch out the utensils for some fresh blossoms to liven up your tables!
These designs can either be placed inside a goblet-style glass, inside a napkin ring, or even just laid on top of your place settings:
These five types of napkin folds are a little more quirky and unique. They’ll add a very cute personal touch to your place settings, and can be used for themed events like Valentine’s day and Christmas
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the various types of napkin folds out there. You can actually have a lot of fun when deciding which design to go with- and feel free to get creative! You can find instructions on how to achieve these designs along with others on Buzzfeed, and the Napkin Folding Guide Website.
Leave us a comment below letting us know your favorite napkin folding concept!